Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Facebook Aristocracy


I have a Facebook account and a Facebook fan page, which reminds me that perhaps I should work more on promoting them, anyway I do, if you are interested.

The thing is I am “friends” with several well known designers on Facebook, not because I am special but I guess they accept adding anyone and everyone that adds them. But I think I am going to be deleted from their lists after this post. Maybe I should not post it there !

My observation is, why are they mute ? Well, except for their own news they are totally mute, nothing,not even a whisper, Nothing. They don't comment, they don't "like", they don't argue, what is going on there? Are they too important to do these menial things ? Or are they above that ? They are definitely not too busy to post and boast about themselves, but too busy to say something nice to anyone ? Even when someone comments on their status with very nice from the heart comments they do not respond. Is this a PR stunt that we are unaware of ? Are these the rules of belonging to "A" list designer categories ? Now I know I am not posting anything that might be of interest to them, but they are even silent with each other, and they all speak the same jargon (important design stuff that is) ! I am not going to mention that not once do they comment on blogs, but that is major anyway.

Just thinking out loud here. Not criticizing God forbid.

Facebook

Click on the icon if you would like to join me on my Facebook page

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are unspoken rules in blogland..(and I think you just broke them all..lol..) and for that I am sooo glad I found your blog!!
thanks for putting words to peoples silly ideas about how great they are...
maureen

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

Maureen,
You think so??
Foot in mouth syndrome?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

Petra
I started this blog with ZERO expectations, none at all, and so far it has exceeded any if I had had them. I am doing this for the fun of it and just to say what I would like to say. as you said it, it is to learn and grow and if possible to interact. We have to understand that there are millions of blogs out there and to have a tiny little corner in people's lives and for them to let you in and accept you is a blessing.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I am sorry Jimmy, I must have misunderstood your post completely.

Jimmy The Undercover Designer said...

Hi Petra
Actually I really liked and appreciated what you said in your earlier comment and was totally agreeing with what you said. I hope you repost it, it was nice and heartfelt
:)

Mona thompson said...

I like someone that speaks from the heart. I'll be back to see what you are up to. And I just liked you on facebook. You may want to like me too?